Are you interested in taking a webinar but aren't sure what is involved? Don't know if you have everything you need? This video will walk you through everything you need to know about taking a webinar from a CERG presenter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8IDn7LsrHo
To take advantage of new technologies and to help folks get the training they need without traveling a great distance, the Ohio-Meadville District, the Joseph Priestley District, Metro NY District and Saint Lawnrence District (who make up the CERG cooperative group) are now offering several webinars each month. Each Webinar title, date and sponsoring group is listed below. If you are not sure who to contact, please contact the district office at office at ohiomeadville.org.
If you are looking for a training not listed here, please click the link for the district you want to check. These links go to the calendar or conference pages for the districts.
- Joseph Priestley District
- Metro NY District ~ conference page ~ calendar page
- Ohio-Meadville District ~ conference page ~ calendar page
- St. Lawrence District
Please be aware that in order to participate in any of these webinars we recommend that you have DSL, Cable or other high speed internet access as dial up service can cause delays in receiving information and hearing the presentation. In most cases you will also need to be able to call in to a phone number during the presentation. The long distance charges for this call are your responsibility.
We do recommend for many of these events that congregations or individuals who have the technology offer to display the webinar via a large screen tv or lcd projector so that several people can participate from the same location, reducing the number of log-ins and allowing more people to participate. Most events are limited to 20-25 log-ins, however, if groups participate together, more than 20-25 people can participate. If your congregation, committee or group is planning to participate as a group from one log-in site, please only register once and note this on your registration form.
Click on the title of the webinar to read a description of the event and get registration information. Titles that are not clickable have not yet been set up with registration pages.
You can view the powerpoint and hear the audio of OMD Webinars from this page.
Youth Ministry 102 Series. This series is offered by Andrew Mertz, JPD Director for Youth and Young Adult Programs. It is for lay leaders and professionals who work in youth ministry in the JPD, MNY, SLD & OMD Professionals and advisors outside of CERG may join if space is available. Topic will changes each month and topic and registration information will be posted as it comes available. The series runs each year from September through May on the third Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pm. The dates for 2011-12 are:
- September 21, 2011, 7:30 pm 5 Steps to Community Building. Register...
- October 19, 2011, 7:30 pm. - Youth Empowerment - Register...
- November 16, 2011, 7:30 pm. - Leadership Development - Register...
- December 21, 2011, 7:30 pm. - Worship With and For Youth - Register...
- January 18, 2012, 7:30 pm. - Assessment & Planning a Youth Ministry. Registration coming
- February 15, 2012, 7:30 pm. - Advisor Support & Recruitment. Registration Coming
- March 21, 2012, 7:30 pm. Bridging Youth to Young Adulthood. Registration Coming
- April 18, 2012, 7:30 pm. - Summer Programs. Registration Coming
- May 16, 2012, 7:30 pm Curricula and Structured Learning. Registration Coming
If you cannot find the topic you are interested and or if there are additional topics you are interested in, please let us know and we will let you know when the topic will be available. This will also help us know which topics to start developing next.